Are you worried about managing debt that feels never-ending? Facing account balances that never seem to go down, no matter how many payments you make? Have you been thinking about seeking professional debt advice but been too overwhelmed or afraid to seek help? Learn more here about the debt help available for BC consumers and gain the confidence to seek support – you are not alone in dealing with a debt problem!
Common Roadblocks to Seeking Debt Help
A recent BC Consumer Debt Study found that although many people struggled significantly with a debt problem, only about 5% of people sought help right away. According to the latest study, the top five most common reasons people did not seek professional debt help right away were:
- I wanted to manage my debt on my own.
- I felt ashamed I couldn’t handle the debts I had incurred.
- I was embarrassed to ask for help.
- I was worried about being judged.
- I thought there was no solution to my situation.
“I was too ashamed to admit I needed help, let alone ask for it.” – BC Consumer Debt Study Participant
If You Think You Have a Debt Problem – You’re Probably Right!
Without action, the problem is not going to resolve itself – if anything, it will almost always get worse.
“[I] had a plan to pay down the debt, but unexpected expenses kept sabotaging progress, so none was being made.” – BC Consumer Debt Study Participant
Regardless of how you’ve found yourself facing a financial issue it can feel hard to ask for help, or as though asking for help is a setback – and this may be something you’re struggling to overcome. Know that making the decision to reach out for help and connecting with a professional for debt advice is often the first key step to solving a debt problem and moving forward with your life.
Licensed Insolvency Trustees are Canada’s only official professionals authorized to provide people with qualified, unbiased debt advice. We help people to make informed decisions about their financial situation, and assist individuals with a range of needs, which may include (but are not limited to):
- You’d like general advice on what your options are for dealing with your debt.
- You need direction on how to handle a specific creditor or situation with a debt.
- You are (or are worried about) dealing with collections or legal action from a creditor.
- You’re having trouble paying off your debt or can’t afford to pay much more than minimum monthly payments.
- You’re interested in exploring debt relief or debt forgiveness options.
- You’re seeking solutions to consolidate your debt.
In the experience of many Licensed Insolvency Trustees, people virtually always intend to repay their debts – but things outside of their immediate control happen, creating situations where this just isn’t possible. For example, you may have used credit cards to cover your costs of living while dealing with a reduced income due to an illness, or a lay-off during COVID; unfortunately, with compounding interest charges it can be very difficult, if not impossible, to catch payments up and pay off the balance faster than the interest adds up.
Overcoming Fear or Worry About Getting Debt Help
Are you feeling like “it’s my debt, so it’s my burden” or as though it’s your sole responsibility to resolve the situation?
You Owe it to Yourself to Get Debt Help
Know that having as debt problem, or needing help to resolve that problem are not a reflection of you, your character, or your values. Whatever has happened – you do deserve help!
“I was afraid to answer my phone, the stress was terrible! I was afraid collections would accost me on the street.” – BC Consumer Debt Study Participant
We understand that money problems can happen to anyone at any time, despite doing all the ‘right things’. We believe everyone should have the opportunity for a financial fresh start, and to live their best life, free from the overwhelming stress of debt.
Knowing Is Not Owing
You deserve to make informed decisions, and you have the right to seek independent, unbiased advice from a Licensed Insolvency Trustee, the sole professionals designated by Canadian legislation to help you understand your options to deal with debt.
- Avoid enlarging your debt problem with well-intended but ill-advised actions or paying for unnecessary services – always talk to a Licensed Insolvency Trustee.
- There is no cost to get information or a second opinion in a confidential consultation.
You Can Rewrite Your Debt Story
You may be feeling hopeless, or helpless, believing there is no way to resolve your financial issues and get out of debt – but please, take it from debt help professionals that have worked with thousands of British Columbians since 1990:
- Debt is a problem like many others in that it does have solutions!
- Although you might be feeling stuck right now, where you are today is not where you have to be tomorrow.
We Help with Debt
Sometimes people feel so overwhelmed thinking about their debt they find it difficult to consider even making a phone call for support, and this is why Sands & Associates aims to make getting debt help as easy and comfortable as possible.
- We offer debt help seven days a week, and all our services are available online, over the phone, and in person.
- In under an hour, we can help you better understand your situation, assess all your options, and give you a plan to deal with your debt. Many people tell us that after just this one meeting they felt a huge weight lifted from their shoulders and a new optimism for the future.
Our ‘Debt Smart with Heart’ Approach
Sands & Associates is BC’s largest firm of Licensed Insolvency Trustees focused exclusively on debt help services for consumers and, as we help people across the province, we do so committed to providing empowering and non-judgmental support to people seeking debt help and resources.
When you connect with Sands & Associates you can expect:
- Our local debt experts to treat you with dignity and respect.
- To speak with a qualified professional who takes time to understand your situation, needs, and concerns.
- A conversation with someone who genuinely cares and wants to offer you solutions and support – not judgment.
Sands & Associates is here to help you move forward with a debt-free plan that’s right for you. Get started today – book your free, confidential debt consultation now.