Call Us 1-800-661-3030
4.9 Stars - Based on 2444 User Reviews

Licensed Insolvency Trustees Sands & Associates is pleased to announce an addition to our local office network in the Okanagan region with the opening of our newest office in Vernon. Sands & Associates is the province’s largest firm of Licensed Insolvency Trustees focused exclusively on debt help solutions for individuals and small businesses and we have been serving BC communities from our local offices since 1990.

Our experienced professional debt management experts are committed to offering debt help with a supportive, empathetic and non-judgmental approach – a long-standing fundamental value of Sands & Associates. If you are looking for options to consolidate debt, have debts forgiven, or simply get a plan to better manage your debt – we are here to help you.

Click here to see a full list of our local BC offices throughout the Thompson-Okanagan, Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island regions.

Meet Sands & Associates’ Vernon Debt Experts:

Raj Hara, Licensed Insolvency Trustee

“We can’t control what happened in the past, but we can help you understand where you’re at today so you can move towards your goals.”

Raj Hara is a Senior Vice-President of Sands & Associates and Licensed Insolvency Trustee. He believes it’s important for clients to ask as many questions as they need in order to feel confident and comfortable moving forward with a debt solution, and towards their debt-free future.

Andrew Smith, Licensed Insolvency Trustee

“Asking for help can feel overwhelming, but with the right team, knowledge and support the solutions will feel great.”

Andrew Smith believes an informative and supportive approach to helping his clients when working with them as a Licensed Insolvency Trustee helps to ensure each person is set up for future success. He aims to make his clients feel welcome and comfortable when they seek debt advice from Sands & Associates.

How Do I Get Out of Debt with Help from Sands & Associates?

As Licensed Insolvency Trustees, we are uniquely qualified and endorsed by the Canadian government to help people and businesses restructure or eliminate their debts. Our team of Licensed Insolvency Trustees and Estate Managers can help you ultimately get out of debt and address common concerns about debts with services including, but not limited to:

  • Assessing your financial situation and debts;
  • Explaining, comparing and working through debt management options such as:
    • Debt consolidation loans
    • Credit counselling programs
    • Consumer Proposals
    • Bankruptcy
  • Reviewing whether or not a debt is payable, and if a debt may be statute-barred;
  • Discussing the unique aspects of different types of debts (secured VS unsecured, etc.);
  • Outlining solutions that can stop wage garnishment or other collection actions;
  • Dealing with consumers debts such as credit cards and payday loans, as well as government debts like taxes or student loans.

Read More About Getting Debt Advice

Is a Consumer Proposal the Same as Filing Bankruptcy?

No – although both Consumer Proposals and bankruptcy are options that a Licensed Insolvency Trustee offers, they are not the same thing. These two distinctly different debt solutions are both governed by legislation set in the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act which serves to ensure that consumers are protected from virtually all creditors and afforded a transparent process – but they follow two separate guidelines when it comes to many components, including:

  • How much debt can be forgiven, or how much debt may be repaid;
  • How long the process lasts; and,
  • Credit rating impacts.

Learn More About the Difference Between Bankruptcy and Consumer Proposals

Can I Do a Consumer Proposal on My Own?

In Canada you will need to work with a Licensed Insolvency Trustee in order to do a Consumer Proposal. Licensed Insolvency Trustees are the only professionals legally authorized to offer this unique consolidation and debt settlement tool to Canadians.

There is no cost to meet with a Licensed Insolvency Trustee to explore whether a Consumer Proposal may be a suitable consolidation alternative to your debts.

How Do I Declare Bankruptcy in Canada?

Services for personal bankruptcy or business bankruptcy filings in Canada must be done by working with a Licensed Insolvency Trustee. Your Licensed Insolvency Trustee will help you throughout the process, including filing the documents necessary to start the official bankruptcy process. There is no need to hire a lawyer or get a referral to discuss whether personal bankruptcy or business bankruptcy may be a solution recommended for your situation.

Free consultations about bankruptcy in BC are confidential.

Where Can I Get Debt Help if I Have Bad Credit?

Licensed Insolvency Trustees offer debt help regardless of your credit score or credit history. When it comes to consolidating debts with a Consumer Proposal, or debt forgiveness via bankruptcy, there is no actual lending involved, so a credit history check to determine eligibility is not required in any way.

We believe that money problems can happen to anyone at any time, and we are proud to offer supportive debt help to all members of the communities we serve.

Ready to take the first step towards your debt-free future? Book your confidential free debt consultation in Vernon today.