BC’s largest firm of Licensed Insolvency Trustees focused on debt help services for individuals and small businesses is proud to announce the addition of another local office to their province-wide network. Sands & Associates’ Squamish office is now available to support residents in the Squamish-Whistler-Lillooet region seeking professional debt advice and solutions.
A multi-year Consumer Choice Award winner in business excellence, Sands & Associates has been helping people in BC become debt-free since 1990. Sands & Associates sets itself apart by offering debt management services with an approach that emphasizes support, kindness and non-judgmental guidance and is pleased to now be able to provide these services locally to the residents of Squamish and the surrounding communities.
Debt help services in regions across BC are conveniently available via telephone or online video conferencing. Request your confidential free debt consultation here.
Debt Help and Bankruptcy Services in BC
If you are facing a difficult financial situation or managing your debt has become a priority, there can be a lot of self-pressure to take action right away once you have made the decision to find a solution to address your debts. Although there are many debt management providers operating within BC and across Canada, it is vital to understand that in Canada there is only one professional fully designated, empowered and endorsed by the Federal Government to help individuals and businesses deal with debts – a Licensed Insolvency Trustee.
When you connect with Sands & Associates, we will work to understand your unique needs and circumstances so we can help you evaluate all of the options available to help you resolve your debt-related challenges. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Exploring your legal rights and remedies when it comes to your specific debts
- Whether or not a debt is “collectable”
- Resources you may be able to access if you cannot pay a debt
- Debt settlement and credit counselling plans
- Debt consolidation options
- Navigating traditional borrowing consolidation solutions
- Non-borrowing consolidation (Consumer Proposals)
- Filing bankruptcy (personal bankruptcy and business bankruptcy)
If your situation is urgent, for example where there is a pending garnishment or wage seizure, processes such as a Consumer Proposal or bankruptcy that will halt creditor action can be implemented to secure protection from creditors for you very quickly.
How Does a Consumer Proposal Work?
Bankruptcy is not the only legal debt solution available in BC that can successfully address a debt problem. Consumer Proposals are an increasingly popular alternative to traditional debt consolidation and more people in BC are choosing to file Consumer Proposals than ever before, far outpacing personal bankruptcy filings.
- A Consumer Proposal is a unique debt consolidation tool you can access only by working with a Licensed Insolvency Trustee
- Filing a Consumer Proposal consolidates your debt without borrowing, interest charges or additional administration fees and offers to repay the portion of your total debt you can afford
- Consumer Proposal offers are almost always accepted by creditors and may reduce your debts by as much as 50-80%
- Making a Consumer Proposal is not the same as filing bankruptcy
- Virtually all types of debt can be consolidated in a Consumer Proposal, including government debts like taxes and student loans
- Collection activities and legal actions creditors may be taking or threatening to take must cease upon filing your Consumer Proposal. By law creditors must stop contacting you for payment and charging interest and court proceedings against you to recover debts are halted.
- There is no cost or commitment required to discuss the pros and cons of making a Consumer Proposal with a Licensed Insolvency Trustee.
Sands & Associates offers its full-suite of Consumer Proposal services online, so you can even access this powerful debt consolidation option without having to leave the comfort and privacy of your home.
Free Professional Debt Advice
Many people feel deeply embarrassed or ashamed when they are dealing with a debt problem, and the idea of discussing your personal finances with a professional may feel overwhelming. Money problems can happen to anyone at any time, and as Licensed Insolvency Trustees we are keenly aware of how severely financial stress can impact your life, including your health and relationships. Know that you are not alone – we are here to help you, without judgment!
A confidential free debt consultation is the best place to start if you have questions about how to deal with your debt, aren’t sure what your options are, or simply need debt help.
- Confidential consultations can take place one-on-one, or with your spouse or other close support person
- All required steps from consultation to document signing may be done from the comfort and privacy of your home using phone or video conferencing and online document signing
- There is no cost for a debt consultation and assessment of your options and no referral is needed to meet with a Licensed Insolvency Trustee
- You are under no obligation to commit to any process or continue working with a Licensed Insolvency Trustee
Once you have had the opportunity to assess all your potential options you will be in the best position to decide how you want to move forward, fully informed.
The dedicated professionals at Sands & Associates are committed to providing expert knowledge and meaningful supportive solutions to help you take back control. It could take less than an hour to get a debt-free plan that will change your life.
What would your life look like without debt? Find out – book your free debt consultation now.