Since its founding in Vancouver in 1990, Sands & Associates has grown to become BC’s largest firm of Licensed Insolvency Trustees focused exclusively on debt help services for individuals and small businesses. We are pleased to announce our expanded debt help services for BC residents in the province’s Cariboo and North Coast region with the opening of Sands & Associates’ local office in Kitimat.
Sands & Associates President and Licensed Insolvency Trustee Blair Mantin shares more about the firm’s unique approach to debt solution services:
“We help with debt, and we do so with heart. People facing a wide range of challenges turn to us for professional guidance…some may be looking for advice on how they can better manage their debt, others for solutions to very urgent debt problems. In all cases we offer our support and insights with empathy, without judgment, and aim to not only give advice, but ensure everyone benefits from understanding all their rights and remedies in the situation. Everyone is entitled to make an informed decision about their financial future.”
If you are looking for debt help, are unsure about how you can resolve a financial challenge or need to explore solutions to manage debt and stop debt-stress, you are not alone. Sands & Associates’ team of Licensed Insolvency Trustees, Insolvency Estate Managers, Counsellors and client support representatives are here to help you.
Take the first step towards your financial fresh start – book your free confidential debt consultation here.
Working with a Licensed Insolvency Trustee
Even a quick search for debt help can offer an overwhelming multitude of agents and organizations all claiming a variety of solutions and services. There are many complexities to consumer and small business debts however, and not all debt management professionals are created equal; it’s important for Canadians to know where to seek assistance.
Unlike agents and organizations operating within BC’s unregulated debt repayment industry, Licensed Insolvency Trustees are part of a fully legislated industry and insolvency system. Licensed Insolvency Trustees are federally regulated professionals who offer debt assistance to both individuals and businesses.
- Licensed Insolvency Trustees are the only professionals endorsed and authorized to provide debt solutions that can allow you to have debts forgiven and provide protection from your creditors.
- The Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy licenses and oversees all Trustees.
- There is no cost to connect with a Licensed Insolvency Trustee for a confidential debt consultation.
- You do not need a referral to meet, you can get in touch directly.
A Licensed Insolvency Trustee can help you stop debt-stress and become debt-free. We will assist you to:
- Understand and compare all the possible debt options available to you.
- If you are struggling to pay your debt bankruptcy is not the only solution to consider.
- Explore whether any provisions or laws can be used to help resolve your situation and address debt problems you may be experiencing. (i.e. BC’s ‘Seize or Sue’ provision, Statute of Limitations, etc.)
- Deal with virtually all types of debts and creditors (including government creditors such as Canada Revenue Agency).
- Stop ongoing interest charges and collection actions.
- Licensed Insolvency Trustees can work with creditors on your behalf.
- Protect your assets and income from creditors with legal debt solutions including:
- Consolidating debt with a Consumer Proposal (or Division I Proposal).
- Filing bankruptcy (personally or for your business).
Many people tell us that they felt an immediate sense of relief after speaking with a Licensed Insolvency Trustee and learning that they had options to deal with their debt, and support on their side.
“…someone with $53,000 debt could actually have a light at the end of the tunnel…to pay it all off in 5 years, when I thought it would take me until I was maybe 65… I feel like a million bucks.” – Meet Jessica and others whose lives have been changed working with Sands & Associates.
What Should I Expect from a Licensed Insolvency Trustee?
Whether you are looking for advice on how to deal with your debt, need guidance as to your rights in dealing with a creditor, or are ready to move forward with a solution such as a Consumer Proposal or bankruptcy, when you choose to work with a Licensed Insolvency Trustee you can rest assured that you are receiving support from a professional who has unparalleled knowledge and skills in virtually all aspects related to debt.
At Sands & Associates we are committed to providing residents across BC with the best experience possible, and that includes:
- The belief that no matter what circumstances may have caused the debt problem, everyone is entitled to live with dignity and be treated with respect.
- Taking time to hear your concerns, goals, and other reasons for seeking advice from a Licensed Insolvency Trustee.
- Creating a “safe space” environment where people are free to ask questions without fear of judgment, and to get detailed information without cost or obligation.
- Debt solutions and services offered with support and empathy.
Financial challenges can have impacts far beyond account balances; dealing with debt and deciding on a way forward can feel overwhelming, or even hopeless – there is a way forward though. Knowing is not owing and our caring debt experts are here to help.
What would your life look like, debt-free? Book your free, non-judgmental debt consultation with Sands & Associates today.